Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Has anyone experienced issues with cracked or chipped windshield on their Palisade?

Reactions
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
Is this an issue with a certain model ,SE, SEL, Limited, or all?

jlasinski

Reactions
Had a rock hit my Palisade SEL Windshield about a month after I got it. The next day it was cracked all the way across. Was not a cheap fix. Had to get windshield out of Chicago then all cameras behind the rear view mirror had to be realigned. Covered by insurance but had to pay my deductible.

Reactions
To bad about having to replace. I have had a number replaced over the years for that reason. Seems like once there is a chip and then when the glass cools down or heats up over night/next day many times they will start to crack. A pain either way.

Reactions
Wow, my first hyundai and hopefully not the last. This car has a weaker glass compared to my previous honda, toyotas. I got a chip on the front windshield that I repaired with the kit, and now I got a drivers side window crack today. Just got a quote for $1300 for repair.

Datadude

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Ultimate
I have a chip at the center of the windshield that quickly turned into an arc shaped crack. I have been procrastinating due to not wanting to put a claim on my insurance. I am also paranoid that I will get another chip soon after getting it repaired. ;) It would be a nice gesture if Hyundai would repair it for free!

Reactions
I have a chip at the center of the windshield that quickly turned into an arc shaped crack. I have been procrastinating due to not wanting to put a claim on my insurance. I am also paranoid that I will get another chip soon after getting it repaired. ;) It would be a nice gesture if Hyundai would repair it for free!
My front is ok since I used the repair kit but my drivers door window is really bad. $1300 for a small window is way too expensive considering how easy these windows crack.

Reactions
I recently noticed a hairline crack in my windshield that runs across most of the width, then turns upward for about a foot on the passenger side. It is extremely fine and only visible when the car is pointed directly into bright sun. It may not be completely through the thickness of the glass yet. I've only got 5000 miles on the car and absolutely no stone chips or other impacts to the windshield. Just returned from the dealership, where the service manager was able to get a picture of at least part of the crack. He is requesting warranty coverage for a repair. We shall see. Meanwhile I have reported it to NHTSA. Hopefully this will increase pressure on Hyundai to admit there is a problem.

Update: The regional service manager has agreed that my windshield has an internal flaw. Therefore they will cover it under warranty. The bad news is that windshields are backordered and they don't know when one will be available. I guess that is due to lots of breakage and high demand. For a free replacement and no insurance claim I can wait!

I think the takeaway for others is to watch your windshield while driving in sunny conditions, and be alert for any sign of a crack. If you catch one before any coincidental stone chips it will be easier to make the case for warranty coverage.

Last edited:

Scalius

Reactions
What I Drive
2013 Nissan Pathfinder
There is a Class Action for the Palisade windshield crack issue.
I was about to purchase a new 2021 Palisade but this issue happening so early and quite often concerns me. I have looked up NHTSA and the majority of complaints so far are because of the cracked windshield issue. Quite disappointed given a vehicle of that price.

Reactions
I wonder if the body is flexing and causing that.. Haven't had a problem with mine along those lines, just the wind noise, right side rear window,!!

RTBoston

Reactions
What I Drive
2014 Subaru
I wonder if the body is flexing and causing that.. Haven't had a problem with mine along those lines, just the wind noise, right side rear window,!!
Wondered about flexing and body tolerances leaving the factory in general. Frames not within tolerances would create opportunity for wind noise and for a slight twist to pop windshields.

Reactions
There may be excess flexing. During a recent beach trip I drove through some hard wind gusts. Had a canoe strapped to the roof racks, so side winds put a lot of stress on the car. When hard gusts came across the car from right to left, a sharp whistle came from the drivers side window. It sounded like the window came unsealed for an instant. This was either body flexing or air pressure moving the window. This was extreme conditions, so I don't necessarily fault the Palisade. It felt plenty stable, and this was not a stressful trip in spite of the bad weather.

poorboy

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 hyundai palisade
The most important issue is that during the installation of the new windshield it has to be precisely calibrated for the cameras and radar to preform the safety driving functions that are so important to our safety . I am not sure who has the proper equipment to do this correctly, other than the original manufacturer .

Reactions
As I understand it, the dealership will do calibration after the glass is installed. The installer will come to the dealership to replace the glass. The High Point, NC dealership hasn't let me down yet. I believe they will get it right.

Reactions
I feel you are correct on the calibration.. I would think getting into the car system and just do a few key punches and it would all be reset.

Reactions
Geez! Now my second windshield has cracked in exactly the same place as the first one! This makes me strongly suspect flexing is the root cause. Can't wait to see what my service manager says:confused:

Hyundai Palisade Posts