Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Has anyone experienced issues with cracked or chipped windshield on their Palisade?

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
There is molding/trim under your hood that I believe is the problem with so many of these windshields cracking. Our 2020 Palisade windshield cracked last year and we finally got around to replacing it in January by a local company. Within a week that new windshield had what looked like a stress crack coming up from the bottom of the glass. We took it back and they replaced that windshield and within 2 weeks we had 2 cracks from the bottom on both the passenger and driver side. Now to today they replaced for the 3rd time and I observed the installer, he removed the bottom trim (technical name DASH COWL) and the groove where the glass slides into has about a dozen clips or small protrusions that help support the windshield, the stress cracks were exactly where a couple of these clips were. He bent all of those back slightly to prevent it happening again. This is clearly a design flaw by Hyundai, hopefully there will be a recall at some point to address this issue and reimburse people that have paid for replacements.

Hyundai Palisade Posts