Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Who plans on towing with their Hyundai Palisade?

Who plans on towing with their Hyundai Palisade?

• Yes - Large Trailer with brake controller

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Yes - Small Trailer

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
Reactions
Apparently you can get a Trailering Package on the Palisade that comes with a transmission cooler. Who plans on towing with their Hyundai Palisade?

Reactions
I am! Planning on towing a 3500 pound apex Nano 193BHS, with a tongue weight of 420. Loaded would probably put it at 4100 pounds max. From reading the telluride forums they max out at 351 tongue weight, I’m hoping that the US version will have a 500 tongue weight to match 10% of the vehicles 5,000 towing capacity.

Reactions
I plan on doing a small trailer, mainly for my jet skis.

I am! Planning on towing a 3500 pound apex Nano 193BHS, with a tongue weight of 420. Loaded would probably put it at 4100 pounds max. From reading the telluride forums they max out at 351 tongue weight, I’m hoping that the US version will have a 500 tongue weight to match 10% of the vehicles 5,000 towing capacity.
I think its going to be the same 351 tongue as the Telluride.

Reactions
Any news yet on the towing hitch/package? Don’t see it yet on the online configurator or pricing .pdf that was released a week ago. I have an immediate use to tow my small trailer...

HyundaiFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions

Twbrans

Reactions
My experience with my new Palisade is that none of the after market hitch suppliers (Curt, Etrailer, etc) have developed one.
Forced to use Hyundais. Dealer installed is about $900.00

OP
P
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
My experience with my new Palisade is that none of the after market hitch suppliers (Curt, Etrailer, etc) have developed one.
Forced to use Hyundais. Dealer installed is about $900.00
They just made one for the Telluride, so maybe in a few months we'll see one for the Palisade too.

Reactions
Ditto on it being factory installation. I had already purchased the factory tow hitch and wiring harness from the dealer for about $580 total. I have an appointment this Tuesday to have it installed along with a 7-pin controller harness and P3 Tekonsha brake controller. They need to run power and from the battery and brake wire to brand new 7-pin adaptor. The factory only comes with a 4-pin.

Reactions
This is the closest I could find on those trying to do a 7-pin setup. Although it’s on a telluride I’m almost 100% certain the green brake wire in the steering column is the way to go:

alfman

Reactions
Ditto on it being factory installation. I had already purchased the factory tow hitch and wiring harness from the dealer for about $580 total. I have an appointment this Tuesday to have it installed along with a 7-pin controller harness and P3 Tekonsha brake controller. They need to run power and from the battery and brake wire to brand new 7-pin adaptor. The factory only comes with a 4-pin.
Is there a trim piece as well?

Reactions
Unfortunately from my research I didn’t see one, or in the fast lane’s review and the shot of the factory tow hitch. Bummer!

Hyundai Palisade Posts