Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Who plans on towing with their Hyundai Palisade?

Who plans on towing with their Hyundai Palisade?

• Yes - Large Trailer with brake controller

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Yes - Small Trailer

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

omarpina

Reactions
What I Drive
Hyundai Palisade Limited
Hello @Mikeg112 , thanks for the pictures.

Your trailer its 4k pounds dry weight or GVRS?

Thank you!

View attachment 845 View attachment 846 View attachment 847

After renting a truck for past six months so happy to finally have a tow vehicle that can handle our 4,000 trailer. Took it for a brief test drive last night, here’s my initial feedback:
The palisade did sag a bit initially once you hitch up. But the self-leveling takes about 3-4 miles to adjust due to the nature of the self-leveling shocks. I probably have about a 1-inch drop in the rear axle, will drive an hour to our camping spot and see if I need a weight distribution/sway control hitch over the weekend.
Drive: as a driver you do notice you’re towing, but leaving in comfort mode it almost auto-adjusts the rpms to match the uphill and towing. Surprisingly my wife in the passenger seat didn’t even notice that we were towing! I tried sport mode but was revving a little too high for my preference, so I leave in smart mode for now.

omarpina

Reactions
What I Drive
Hyundai Palisade Limited
Well, im planning to buy a Winnebago 2306BHS (4,260 pounds Dry Weight). Planning to use it dry to stay far from the 5k towing capacity as much as I can, considering that Im already planning in a huge trailer. Planning of course to install weight controller and a weight distribution hitch. (Hyundai Palisade 2020 Limited).

starr1005

Reactions
What I Drive
2021 Palisade
Well, im planning to buy a Winnebago 2306BHS (4,260 pounds Dry Weight). Planning to use it dry to stay far from the 5k towing capacity as much as I can, considering that Im already planning in a huge trailer. Planning of course to install weight controller and a weight distribution hitch. (Hyundai Palisade 2020 Limited).
4260 dry seems like it is really pushing it, no? I have been looking at trailers, and I think I am going to try and stay under 3750 or so.

CE55

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Limited
We are considering the Winnebago 2108FBS (4,000 lbs Dry Weight). I am also looking at the P3 Brake Control and EAZ Lift 48158 Elite Weight Distribution Hitch. (2020 Palisade Limited AWD) We are new to this and are hoping to get it right the first time out. My wife and I are both retired (and old) and plan to tour the US, since the pandemic has eliminated and/or restricted most other types of travel. Any advice or observations that might help.

wachita

Reactions
What I Drive
2021 Palisade
Ditto on it being factory installation. I had already purchased the factory tow hitch and wiring harness from the dealer for about $580 total. I have an appointment this Tuesday to have it installed along with a 7-pin controller harness and P3 Tekonsha brake controller. They need to run power and from the battery and brake wire to brand new 7-pin adaptor. The factory only comes with a 4-pin.
So I bought a 2021 Palisade with the Factory Tow Package and Hitch - Supposed to be good for 5000lbs. But like you said, it only has the 4 Prong Plug. So does this mean I have to get the Dealer to Install 7-pin controller harness and P3 Tekonsha brake controller before I can pull my Trailer?

Sjgolub

Reactions
What I Drive
2021 Palisade
After some research I decided to go the DIY route. Ordered the same Curt hitch that Hyundai sells for about $100 cheaper. The wiring, 7 pin plug, brake controller (went with the Redarc Tow Pro Elite because it has an incredibly small dashboard footprint) were all available thru eTrailer.com. Would have been easier with a lift but it can be done without one.

Hyundai Palisade Posts