Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Trailer Hitch

GordoV4r

Reactions
Can anyone confirm the official Hyundai Palisade hitch? On the www.hyundaishop.com website they show this:
But it's stated that the image is a representation. Then I saw this on the www.kiatelluride.org site:
I dont like the exposed crossbar look. I've also looked for aftermarket options and was unsuccessful. Are we all or for those who plan on towing stuck with the exposed crossbar.

Attachments

Reactions
StealthHitches.com seems to have the best solution

OP
GordoV4r

GordoV4r

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I plan on using a motorcycle carrier and the StealthHitches option only has a 350lbs tounge weight rating

Reactions
The one showing is the Hyundai solution, and is exposed. I understand the comment on the Stealth solution, but so far the only hidden one I've seen. Hopefully other makers will come to market quickly. I will note, from what I've read a loaded motorcycle carrier could be pushing tong weight unless it is for a scooter etc. Good luck

OP
GordoV4r

GordoV4r

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
The one showing is the Hyundai solution, and is exposed. I understand the comment on the Stealth solution, but so far the only hidden one I've seen. Hopefully other makers will come to market quickly. I will note, from what I've read a loaded motorcycle carrier could be pushing tong weight unless it is for a scooter etc. Good luck
You're probably right about the tounge weight limit. The bike and carrier weight is pushing about 490lbs. May have to add a set of helper airbags for the rear springs

Reactions
I believe right now we only have two options, the stealth hitch and OEM. Personally I think the OEM is so ugly compared to the Telluride.

Reactions
I believe right now we only have two options, the stealth hitch and OEM. Personally I think the OEM is so ugly compared to the Telluride.
Yes that’s correct on my research as well. Only stealth and OEM at the moment, waiting for curt/etrailer to come out with one that’s rated for 500 tongue weight. I am running about 390 tongue weight with a Andersen weight distribution hitch

OP
GordoV4r

GordoV4r

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Maybe Hyundai or an aftermarket could come up with a replacement rear valance that has the appropriate cutout so we can use the kia hitch.

Hyundai Palisade Posts