Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Stock Quad Exhaust Upgrade

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #21
Here's a video of the installation. I will try and do a write up with pictures and the steps later.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sharkycsi

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Limited. Lagoon Silvr
For me, this is a deal breaker. I live a long way from cities and towns, so I would need my spare tire. However, another solution you could look into would be the tips with a pipe extension for mounting. This would give us a non working exhaust which would give us the apperance of quad tips.(y)

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #23
For me, this is a deal breaker. I live a long way from cities and towns, so I would need my spare tire. However, another solution you could look into would be the tips with a pipe extension for mounting. This would give us a non working exhaust which would give us the apperance of quad tips.(y)
Definitely understand that! I saw a Korean version where they came off the end of the existing muffler with a pipe and over to the other side with just the tips so they did work as well just without the additional muffler.

sharkycsi

Reactions
What I Drive
That sounds like a good solution. If you see that option available, then get back with me. I think I could do that without hooking the pipe into the muffler, just because of the heat to the plastic and spare tire. Thanks.

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #25
That sounds like a good solution. If you see that option available, then get back with me. I think I could do that without hooking the pipe into the muffler, just because of the heat to the plastic and spare tire. Thanks.
Not sure if this is 100% a solution but I saw another one I will try to find for you..

sharkycsi

Reactions
What I Drive
You know, I think just having the tips with the "Y" at the end would work. I could get a muffler shop to mount it. Do you have access to the exhaust tips?

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #27
You know, I think just having the tips with the "Y" at the end would work. I could get a muffler shop to mount it. Do you have access to the exhaust tips?
Yes but only with the whole assembly unfortunately. The guy in Korea even tried finding just the tips for me used but no luck. Car is too new

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #29
How much does it cost to do something like this?
Total cost with parts and labor you will be around 1k or less

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #33
Where did you order the exhaust tip from?
Mine was the entire OEM assembly and I have a guy in Korea who gets the parts. The picture you quoted was something online where they used Mercedes AMG tips

Reactions
Mine was the entire OEM assembly and I have a guy in Korea who gets the parts. The picture you quoted was something online where they used Mercedes AMG tips

Oh I didn't realize it was a AMG tip. The one that you purchase, are they using the same tip from the right side for the left?

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #35
Oh I didn't realize it was a AMG tip. The one that you purchase, are they using the same tip from the right side for the left?
Yes the one in my original post and that I have is the same as the right side

Reactions
What I Drive
Soon to be 2020 Palisade Limited
One quick question. I looked underneath my Palisade and noticed the spare tire mounted to the left (driver's side) of the stock exhaust. There is very little room between the spare tire and the driver's side rear tire. Do you have to eliminate the spare tire in order for this to work?
Is that a small crack on the rear facia in the last photo?

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #38
No there aren't any cracks fortunately

sharkycsi

Reactions
What I Drive
Is that a small crack on the rear facia in the last photo?
No, saxman242 and chi-chi are correct. It is a reflection of a crack that is in my concrete slab. That is a good catch though. Thanks for the heads-up.

Reactions
What I Drive
Soon to be 2020 Palisade Limited
No, saxman242 and chi-chi are correct. It is a reflection of a crack that is in my concrete slab. That is a good catch though. Thanks for the heads-up.
Great to hear! SO instead of a crack, it is a super reflective perfect surface!! Nice!

Hyundai Palisade Posts