Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Sirius XM

killickb

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade SEL
Has anyone installed the VAIS GSR-HY02 Tuner system to enable the Palisade to access Sirius ? Not inexpensive but supposed to be a completely hidden installation and allows full use of existing radio controls and also XM control from steering wheel..

OP
K

killickb

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade SEL
Thread Starter #2
535 views but no comments at all, I must be one of the few who still values Sirius over the other forms of music retrieval used today. I am a technically challenged senior of course !

Reactions
535 views but no comments at all, I must be one of the few who still values Sirius over the other forms of music retrieval used today. I am a technically challenged senior of course !
This is one of the least-frequented Palisade forums on the Internet. There are a couple of other ones which get much more traffic. I’m not going to link them here out of respect for this forum, but Google is your friend.

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Limited Fwd
I listen to SiriusXM sometimes so I looked at this thread due to the title but had no idea what it was about. Guess it's a module for cars that don't have SiriusXM. So this would only apply to some plus if someone chose to buy the base model without the package that includes Sirius maybe they didn't care for it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
K

killickb

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade SEL
Thread Starter #5
Yes, this is for an aftermarket addition of Sirius XM. The VAIS kit looks perfect but NOBODY can advise how much they have to tear into the vehicle to install (possible damage) and most of all where the antenna will mount -- I want no extra wires visible in my car !!

Gene

Reactions
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
Most of us have the limited or SEL trims that come with XM,
that is one reason you didn't get any replies.
When I had my Saturn sky it didn't have XM. I took it to Best Buy and they installed
a XM system for me. Worked ok but nothing to write home about.

OP
K

killickb

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade SEL
Thread Starter #7
I bought the SEL trim but it does not have XM that I can find. I have read brochures that also say that the SEL trim has it but equally many buyers saying that it does not !

Gene

Reactions
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
Only SEL trim which has the XM is if you got the Drive Guidance option

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
NOBODY can advise how much they have to tear into the vehicle to install (possible damage) and most of all where the antenna will mount
This seems like a question for whomever is going to do the install for you

OP
K

killickb

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade SEL
Thread Starter #10
Gave up on adding Sirius, no way could I see anyone installing without damaging my vehicle, not to mention routing that antenna !! Have found that ApplePlay is providing all the variety of music that we need thru Pandora, Spotify etc

Hyundai Palisade Posts