Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Ford Explorer vs. Hyundai Palisade vs. Kia Telluride: Finding the No-Compromise Crossover

Reactions
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/kia...de-vs-2020-kia-telluride-suv-comparison-test/

The Verdict
After an exhausting evaluation, it was pretty clear to us that one SUV of the three best balanced driving performance and enjoyment with room for the family and feel-good touches that all would appreciate.
Despite our general agreement that the 2020 Ford Explorer is pretty great to drive, it's far from the best balanced of the three SUVs. It has a lot going for it; in a class full of sleepy crossovers, the Explorer is powerful, efficient, and relatively fun to drive. It's roomy and comfortable, too, provided you don't need to use the third row. That being said, the value proposition simply isn't there—especially compared with the other two contenders. The Explorer's interior is a recipe for buyer's remorse, particularly considering how much further your dollar goes with the other two. The Explorer puts up a valiant fight but still finds itself in third place.
Second place, then, goes to the Hyundai Palisade. We love the Palisade's interior; not only is it remarkably roomy, but the attention to detail in both design and quality result in a properly luxurious cabin that shames any Cadillac cabin (and most Lexus and Acura interiors, too) from the past decade. Still, although we don't mind spending time in the Palisade's passenger seats, we wouldn't go out of our way to drive the Hyundai. Its flinty ride, sometimes ponderous handling, and lack of torque make it less enjoyable to drive; as some of its rivals have shown, big three-row SUVs don't need to drive like it.

That leaves first place to the Kia Telluride. The Telluride makes few compromises. From behind the wheel, it makes up for its lack in oomph with good ride quality and engaging handling, and those in back will love its second-row comfort. All, ultimately, will enjoy the exceptionally well-appointed cabin, quality, and most important, value, that the Kia brings to the table. So next time you look over in traffic and see a Kia Telluride, save the sympathy—there's no need to feel bad.

Reactions
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
To me the KIA Telluride is a great SUV, But exterior looks just like most of the other Brand SUV's. Guess that is what an SUV should look like to many
The Interior is really nice ,But lacks things like Digital dash and power folding 3rd row seats.
I give my nod to the Hyundai Palisade, I don't want to come out of a store and see 10 other SUV's that look just like mine.
I do like the shift lever and the rear lights on the Telluride better than the Palisades, That along with power folding mirrors
are the only things I can give to it over the Palisade. At the same time Palisade has features which more than make up for those.
It is the rugged look that people seem to like in the Telluride, Same as the people driving in the city want a pickup truck with big
over size tires and really high off the ground, rugged hey look at me, to drive in the city.
I go for something different looking from everyone else and better refinement

Last edited:
Reactions
To me the KIA Telluride is a great SUV, But exterior looks just like most of the other Brand SUV's. Guess that is what an SUV should look like to many
The Interior is really nice ,But lacks things like Digital dash and power folding 3rd row seats.
I give my nod to the Hyundai Palisade, I don't want to come out of a store and see 10 other SUV's that look just like mine.
I do like the shift lever and the rear lights on the Telluride better than the Palisades, That along with power folding mirrors
are the only things I can give to it over the Palisade. At the same time Palisade has features which more than make up for those.
It is the rugged look that people seen to like in the Telluride, Same as the people driving in the city want a pickup truck with big
over size tires and really high off the ground, rugged hey look at me, to drive in the city.
I go for something different looking from everyone else and better refinement
Agree with all.. !!

chuck4084

Reactions
The Palisade's lack of torque makes it less enjoyable to drive? They do know the same engine is in the Telluride don't they?

Reactions
The Palisade's lack of torque makes it less enjoyable to drive? They do know the same engine is in the Telluride don't they?
They're comparing to the Explorer, not the Telluride. It becomes obvious if you read the whole article. But they could have phrased it better since they then conclude that the Telluride is the best one, despite using the same engine as the Palisade.

gootie

Reactions
What I Drive
jetta
Bigger brakes please in the Hyundai and a tad more torque

Reactions
These reviews never say which drive mode(s) were used. Is this based in Sport, Smart or what??

Hyundai Palisade Posts