Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Wind noise in Palisade fwd sel

Matto2007

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade SEL
So does anyone have a good update on the success of the TSB being done to reduce the noise. Mine is bad but if I keep the air on recirculate it seems to limit it by 50%. Was wondering if now is the time to try a fix with the dealer or not.

vic88

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Ultimate
Saw the attached TSB on another forum recently. Thanks to JohnJ for the copy.
Thank you for your posts and the TSB regarding wind noise on the 2020 Palisade. I am also getting wind noise at the driver's side A pillar which can drown out the radio so I just turn off the radio as the competition is just too annoying. The vehicle is new with only 2.400 miles and have not been to the dealer. The vehicle is beautiful overall and we are happy with it. Just that annoying wind noise.

Reactions
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
Go to dealer for TSB, it may take a couple of trips as dealers don't seem to want to take the time for testing and go to the next step in TSB.

vic88

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Ultimate
Go to dealer for TSB, it may take a couple of trips as dealers don't seem to want to take the time for testing and go to the next step in TSB.
Thanks Gene. I did manage to print the TSB in a previous post and I will be taking this with me when I do book an appointment.

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
There have been several reports that Hyundai has suspended the TSBs related to wind noise and are working a more permanent fix and that in the mean time, dealers are not getting authorization to perform the TSB repairs.

basscrazy

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Limited FWD
I bought a new 2020 Palisade Limited FWD on 2/23/2020. I noticed a wind noise coming from the drivers side window above 40 mph. Sounded like wind buffeting noise. The dealership told me they had a TSB on it and suggested I call customer service as the fixes were not working. They gave me a case number & a latter follow up phone call where they admitted they had no present fix available. They suggested I wait until one is available. I like the car but I'm not happy with the wind noise. My 2012 Toyota 4 Runner that I traded in never had any wind noise.

RJV

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
Just traded in my 2010Genesis I had for 10years on a Palisade Ltd. I noticed the wind noise but thought it was a tradeoff for having an SUV. It is significant IMO. I hope they get a true fix.

Reactions
What I Drive
Hyundai Palisade Limited
I noticed when i turned on re circulation in the climate control the noise goes away

Reactions
I stated before about my wind noise in the right rear window area but changing AC setting doesn't change my noise..??.. Sometimes not often but depends on how strong the wind is and in what direction I am driving I hear a kind of a "roaring " sound that seems to come around the drivers side/window.area. The rear window is a whistling noise.

george2021

Reactions
What I Drive
2012 Santa Fe
Test drove a 2021 Palisade Limited last week and noticed a strange noise in the sun roof area (very noticeable) associated with wind when speeds reached 40+ mph. Finished the test drive and went back to the dealership. This Palisade had the cross rails installed on the roof racks. We removed the cross rails and and I took it for another drive and no noise at all. Another sales person at the dealership said the cross rails may have been put on backwards. Don't know about that, but when removed that noise stopped. Kinda sounded like lowering the rear windows while driving but not as loud.

Hyundai Palisade Posts