Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Tow help

Deeboozie

Reactions
What I Drive
Palisade
I have a 2020 palisade without the factory tow package, which is only a transmission cooler from what I can tell. I keep seeing the tow capacity is 5k lbs, but is that only with the cooler? Im looking at the forest River 178BH which comes in at 3700 lbs. This is my first trailer and struggling trying to understand all the considerations. Going just by weight, I think I should be good but was hoping for a second opinion.

OP
D

Deeboozie

Reactions
What I Drive
Palisade
Thread Starter #2

Elp_jc

Reactions
What I Drive
2021 Palisade Calligraphy FWD
My Calligraphy came with the 'trailering package' already included, which consists of 'pre-wiring, transmission cooler, sway control'. My understanding is that EVERY Palisade already has this package from the factory, unlike Tellurides, which is a separate option, which also includes an integrated hitch (which I wish Hyundai offered for the Palisade). Check your window sticker; should be listed at the end of 'EXTERIOR'. Assuming you have it, it's only good for 5K-lb max trailer weight (with trailer brakes, or 1,600 lbs without), with a max tongue weight of 500 lbs, so that's most likely going to be your limiting factor, not the 5K-lb max trailer weight limit, since very few trailers have a 10% tongue weight. Hope this helps.

Hyundai Palisade Posts