Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Thoughts on ez-pass placement

__shredit

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisade SEL
Just picked up my SEL yesterday. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts regarding ez-pass placement on the windshield. This is something I've never put any thought into in previous cars, but this is my first vehicle with all these fancy drive assist capabilities. Based on a video I saw, there's all sorts of cameras/sensors in the rear view mirror unit. Ideally, I'd like to place it out of view behind the mirror, but I'm uncertain if this screws up anything with the driver assist functionality. There's also this black mesh adhesive around the mirror. I'm not clear if that would interfere with the ez-pass functioning properly. Any thoughts appreciated.

Gene

Reactions
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
Place it just to the right of the black mesh, on passengers side, and as high up as you can.
Sorry it is going to show. You can try it on the black mesh, just don't block the camera view.
Maybe some one else will know if it works behind the black mesh.
When I lived in New York didn't worry about it showing.

OP
S

__shredit

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisade SEL
Thread Starter #3
Place it just to the right of the black mesh, on passengers side, and as high up as you can.
Sorry it is going to show. You can try it on the black mesh, just don't block the camera view.
Maybe some one else will know if it works behind the black mesh.
When I lived in New York didn't worry about it showing.
Thanks! I was worried about the mesh, so I ended up doing exactly as you suggested. Good enough for now, I will report back if anything goes sideways.

RTBoston

Reactions
What I Drive
2014 Subaru
I have had mine behind the black dots. 3 months now without issue.

Reactions
What I Drive
Hyundai Palisade Limited
I have a drive wise thing through state farm pretty much the same size i put mine on the black plastic right behind the rear view mirror works great!

Hyundai Palisade Posts