Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Reverse Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist Towing Challenge

Reactions
What I Drive
2024 Calligraphy Palisade
Hello:
I face a real challenge when I have attached a bike rack or a boat going into reverse. The manual advises (Page 7-130) that I press and hold the Parking Safety button more than 2 seconds to turn the above mentioned system on or off. It is very inconsistent when shutting off when backing up. It may be in the sequence of moving from Park to Reverse...not sure.

1. Do I press and hold the Parking Safety button for over 2 seconds while in Park and then shift into Reverse?
2. Do I go into Reverse and then press and hold the Parking Safety button for over 2 seconds?
3. When I hit the brakes while in Reverse, does this call for me to repeat 1 or 2 above before I can reverse further?

Needless to say, I was startled when the vehicle made a hard stop when reversing with my bike rack on.

Appreciate help in this situation.

Hyundai Palisade Posts