Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Reflection in Windshield

Tom

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
I have just 1,000 miles on my AWD Limited. Today I was driving in the sun around mid-day and began noticing reflections in the windshield caused by the Heads-Up Unit in the dash. I think it is because the sides of the Unit are shiny. Has anybody else had this problem. These reflections take different shapes depending on what part of the Unit is causing it. One is an elongated triangle shape in the upper left area of the windshield just beyond the normal area where information is displayed. Another happened on the opposite side, but the shape was more rectangular. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks, Tom.

LIG

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Ltd
I have just 1,000 miles on my AWD Limited. Today I was driving in the sun around mid-day and began noticing reflections in the windshield caused by the Heads-Up Unit in the dash. I think it is because the sides of the Unit are shiny. Has anybody else had this problem. These reflections take different shapes depending on what part of the Unit is causing it. One is an elongated triangle shape in the upper left area of the windshield just beyond the normal area where information is displayed. Another happened on the opposite side, but the shape was more rectangular. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks, Tom.
Yes, It’s very annoying especially in sunny Arizona.

Westly

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
Yes, it’s not great. I had another car that had a heads up display, never noticed it causing reflections. I think the dash was at a different angle and was probably flat black.

Gene

Reactions
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
I'm from Phoenix,az area also and my Genesis G90 did the same thing. I just consider it a small inconvenience for the benefit of having the HUD.
Mine does it certain times of the day when driving toward the sun