Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

NAV update

bbear17

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Ultimate
Hi i drove 2020 palisade ultimate and recently I update NAV myself with USB drive. But personally don't like new update system, loke old one(which is original factory setup). Is anyway I can go back ?
Need help so bad...

Attachments

Dirk

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
From what I have read, can't go back. Update weather, traffic, vendors updated

Krebs

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Limited
Hi i drove 2020 palisade ultimate and recently I update NAV myself with USB drive. But personally don't like new update system, loke old one(which is original factory setup). Is anyway I can go back ?
Need help so bad...
Isn't the screenshot photo you posted from the original factory installed NAV system? Your split 3 screen view looks like my factory installed NAV in my 2020 Palisade Limited.
Read my post above from 'Krebs' dated Feb 9, 2020.
1. What did you find was different after you installed the updated version?
2.How long did it take for you to install the update?
3.What brand of USB drive did you use and how many GB capacity was the drive?
I recently bought a Samsung 128GB USB Thumb Drive formatted in FAT 32. I had planned to update my NAV system, but after talking to the General Manager at my local Hyundai dealership yesterday, now I'm not sure if I should update mine.
Thanks!
Glenn

Krebs

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Limited
Please help with any suggestions.
I downloaded the latest update last week, (May 26, 2023) on my 2020 Palisade Limited. The update version is for
Standard-class Gen5W Navigation (10.25 &12.3 inch Touchscreen).
With the new updated version for the Nav and Radio, the appearance has changed drastically compared to the 2020 factory NAV and Radio settings and overall appearance. All of my saved radio stations were removed and the updates did not save or transfer them. I've reinstalled and supposedly saved my new list of 40 stations 3 different times. All 3 times, when I turned off the car every station was deleted and a message says 'There are no saved presets. You can add a preset by pressing the * (star) button on the radio screen or in the station/channel list'
Also, every previously saved destination that was saved before the update was gone also and again another message says 'No Saved Previous Destinations'. Man,... this has pissed me off everytime I turn on the radio and there is only 1 AM station, 1 FM station, 1 Sirius XM station and some other channel named 'Sounds of Nature' with 7 choices of relaxing sounds. All of these stations are NOT stations that I tried to program and save.
I don't know why it continues deleting every station I've saved. For each station you want to add, there is an option at the bottom left side of the radio screen to click on, It has a symbol of a large star with + sign to '*Add Channel'. All 3 times I tried programing my stations, it does populates my list of 40 stations and appears like all 40 were saved but they get deleted when I turn off the engine and re-start the engine every time.
I'm lost for solutions. I'm hoping someone on this forum can let me know what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks in advance for any and all replies!!!

BTW, I knew the look would be different and the 3 way split screen was changed to only 2 split screens with the new update. I also was aware there was no option to revert back after updates are installed.
Glenn

Hyundai Palisade Posts