Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Looking for feedback concerning a strange problem...

NASAland

Reactions
What I Drive
2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy
I asked this question in another Hyundai forum and was hoping for some insight from the users here.

I just picked up our new Calligraphy last week and have a strange question I'd like to get feedback on. Calligraphy owners, when you look at your jack storage compartment under the rear storage area, do you have a cover hiding the jack? My new car does not have a cover. When you lift the floor access panel you immediately see the jack. I noticed this at the dealer before buying the car. I looked at 2 limiteds and 2 SEL's on their lot and they all have covers over the jack. The compartment holding the jack has 2 areas at the bottom that act as hinges for the cover and 2 areas at the top for latches. The Calligraphy (and I verified this with 1 other on the lot) jack compartment does not have these areas for the hinge and latch.

Now it makes no sense to me that their top end trim shows you a jack as soon as you lift the floor access panel while the lower trim models have a cover so nothing can slide into the jack compartment. I called the Hyundai national help line and talked to 3 different clueless CSR's. I currently have a ticket but don't expect anything. My dealer is also dumbfounded. He offered a suggestion that maybe the factory was short on parts during buildup, but that doesn't make sense. The actual holding compartment is physically different.

If you would please respond with your year and trim and whether or not you have a jack cover!

OP
N

NASAland

Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #2
I also realize that this is a non-issue with my decision to buy the car and not a very big item overall, just curious.

Reactions
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
I have a 2020 Limited and yes it does have a jack cover.
I would understand if Hyundai had removed the jack cover
from the 2021 limited trim, As they have removed most of
the goodies on the 2021 limited.
The Calligraphy should have a cover. Ask dealer to check
with hyundai and get one. Or you could call the Hyundai
phone number in the manual. Ask why yours doesn't have one
Worse case you could ask the parts dept. at the dealership
to order you one to fit a 2020 Limited

OP
N

NASAland

Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
I did talk to the dealer about the cover, but just ordering the cover wouldn't help. I would also need a new compartment that the jack sits in. If you look at this pic of my jack storage you'll see what I mean. The dealer wasn't about to go that far.

20201019_150801_Burst01.jpg

Reactions
What I Drive
That sucks
Yes looks like ours wouldn't fit

Reactions
My 2020 Limited has a cover and Yes you would need a compartment or a different kind of cover. My compartment where the hinges/latch's over all
is 8.5" X 21.5". I am not sure that just a jack compartment would fix the problem, may need a whole storage compartment..???

Reactions
What I Drive
It is funny that the 2021 doesn't have a cover. You can see they recessed a pocket on the opening surround
so looks almost like they intended it to have a cover.

Reactions
I may be wrong but after taking a 2nd. look I am not sure that a compartment would do the trick.. It looks that it is made completely different.. May have to replace the whole rear well compartment liner...

Reactions
What I Drive
2021 Palisade Limited
Noticed the same issue on my 21 Limited. We have power 3rd row seats; perhaps the trim was changed to accommodate mechanism?

Reactions
What I Drive
2021 Palisade Limited
Interesting, my 21 Limited exposed puka has no detente, slots, or tabs indicating a "missing" cover, just not designed for one.

2021 Pal

Reactions
What I Drive
My '21 Palisade Calligraphy does NOT have a jack cover. It appears that ALL of the '20 models came with a jack cover and ALL of the '21 models do not have a jack cover. There are no notches on a '21 model so the jack cover from '20 will not fit. The dealer didn't know if the car was supposed to come with a cover or not and said they will ship me one. I think they said that just to pacify me. I'm sure it won't fit if I do receive it in the mail.

Hyundai Palisade Posts