Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

How often do you change your oil?

Reactions
What I Drive
Hyundai
Hyundai says every 7,500 miles but that seems extremely long. What do you guys do? Do you have a favorite brand?

Reactions
7500 is SHORT nowdays it you use synthetic. Improved manufacturing/tolerances and synthetic oil improving lubrication and avoiding oil breakdown make short oil changes overkill. I am surprised at only 7400, most of my recent vehicles used computer translating to 10-12K. I tend to use Mobil 1 or Royal Purple, but most name brands are excellent (Castrol Synthetic, Valvoline etc). I avoid Quaker State, grew up as a mechanic and their old stuff was crap..

CB919

Reactions
What I Drive
2021 Palisade SEL AWD
I change my oil at 10k using Mobil 1 and a filter rated for that interval or longer.

I used to only use Amsoil and I would change at 20k miles without any issues. Important to use a filter that can handle it though.

Just started using Shell Rotella Gas Truck formula in my F150. They have always produced an awesome diesel truck oil and fleet owners swear by it.

Richtoye03

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 SEL
What is the size of the socket for the oil filter cartridge? 27mm?

Reactions
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
I only leased the Palisade and get 3 years or 30,000miles of free oil changes, so let Hyundai handle it.
If I was going to keep the Palisade for 6+ years I might do my own, But not paying the extra for someone else to reap the benefits

Elp_jc

Reactions
What I Drive
2021 Palisade Calligraphy FWD
Just changed it for the first time at 504 miles a few days ago, with Mobil1 0/30, and OEM filter, plus a GoldPlug magnetic drain plug. Wanted to wait 1K, but I'm in the middle of a long trip, so did it earlier. Will do it every 5K miles after that, like I do with all my vehicles, mostly due to many short distance trips. By the way, the oil filter is tiny on this vehicle, so I wouldn't go beyond the 7,500 Hyundai calls for.

Finally, found a drop of oil on the bolt shown with a blue arrow, and the other picture just like it shows there, but with no trace where it came from (they're not my pictures, I may add). And my oil was still clear, since it only had 504 miles. Found several more cases of bad crankshaft seals besides those 2, and I'm afraid that's exactly what's happening to mine :(. Didn't see evidence of the leak, but cleaned everything perfectly, including removing that bolt (no oil in there), so will check it again after my trip, to see if by any chance it was oil from somewhere else, but after several instances of bad seals, I really doubt it. Will report on what I find soon.

Attachments

Zoo Master

Reactions
What I Drive
2022 Palisade Calligraphy
I get free oil changes and tire rotation, every 4k to 6k miles from my dealership. They said as long as I stay between 4k and 6k, without missing an oil change, I get them free for life.

Reactions
I purchased a 2020 limited in July 2019 and I have a little over 40,000 miles on the unit. I change the oil and filter every 5,000 miles. use Mobil 1.

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
I just experienced something that'll change my schedule. I've always done my own oil changes, but the local dealer (Coastal Hyundai in Melbourne FL) offered free oil changes (with QS semi-synthetic) for life, so we figured what the heck. Our 2020 model has only 15K on it, but our driving habits (including owning a 2.7L F150 that's a heckuva lot of fun to drive) means the oil gets changed based on time rather than mileage, so it's been done five times now. This time I looked more closely at the (no cost) invoice, it listed five quarts of oil (total capacity is a tick under seven quarts). That got me looking through the earlier invoices, they indicated anywhere between eight (?!) and five quarts. I called the dealership, they claimed their technicians sometimes "don't report the oil quantity correctly." Yeah right.

Only way I can see this happening is failure to let the oil drain properly (and maybe not bothering with the filter, too). That's enough for me, I'm going to handle my own changes again with full synthetic. The required oil spec is such I can use the same in the F150 and the Palisade, so that'll work out okay by me. The service rep wanted to upsell full synthetic (at a $30 delta), I can buy my own brand name synthetic for about that amount as it is, plus I can change the oil at my convenience. It's a win.

Hyundai corp. sent me a customer satisfaction survey. :)

Hyundai Palisade Posts