Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

2020 Palisade window noise

DAH

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Unbearable high-pitched screeching wind sound (NOT A WHISPERING NOISE) mainly from driver's side front window, often on passenger's side also. Seems mostly to be a severe problem when crosswind is coming from N to S or S to N. Two hour drive-4 hour drive-6 hour drive constant noise! Dealership won't do anything until a fix comes from Hyundai. Honestly, after six hours of what should have been a pleasant drive, I was ready to knock the window out. Doesn't make the sound all the time. Have noticed when wind if buffed by a tree line or another vehicle noise subsides some. Has to be gasket problem...why can't this be resolved quickly. PLEASE

OP
D

DAH

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Thread Starter #3
Thank you, Eric and Mr. 68. Took this TSB to dealership. District Hyundai representative was called and came from Dallas to meet me at the dealership. I had recorded the wind noise, and after he heard it, without any hesitation, approved the repair as shown on TSB. Parts are on the way to solve the problem. I had been working on trying to get this fix since July. My case # had been denied by a very unfriendly lady in CA who basically was reading off a computer screen and would not listen. She told me there was nothing she could do, because I did not have a mechanical problem. Didn't make this TX gal very happy! Hope she finds a job where she doesn't have to deal with the public. It was after this, I found your Forum-THANK YOU AGAIN

vic88

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Ultimate
I took the Palisade in for it's first service last week. Oil change, wind noise and rear cross traffic alert warning. The rear cross traffic alert warning was reset and has not returned. However I did show the service manager the TSB regarding wind noise which I downloaded from this site and was told that Hyundai USA and Hyundai Canada are different entities and that the TSB could not be acted on in Canada. They made an adjustment some where but the wind noise persists. For now at least the problem has been documented and I hope that the problem will be addressed soon.

OP
D

DAH

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Thread Starter #5
First step of TSB did not stop police whistle sound coming from driver side window. Now waiting AGAIN for a complete fix. Why? Patience runs thin after 113 days since I notified the dealership! Hyundai engineering and design-Where are you???

Hyundai Palisade Posts