Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

2020 Palisade Limited VOICE COMMANDS not working at all

Dirk

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited voice commands just quit working. Less than 10,000 miles
Getting a message "preparing voice activation please wait" then nothing.
Media USB port also quit, Blue link also will not accept voice commands
Anybody experience the same issue?
Ideas?
Solutions?

Last edited:
Reactions
Getting a message "preparing voice command please wait" then nothing.
Ideas?
Solutions?
Try the small, recessed reset button located to the right of the tune knob. See if that helps.

You can also try doing the map update to see if it puts the system in a better state. https://update.hyundai.com

OP
D

Dirk

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
Thread Starter #3
Eric2203,
Thank you for the idea but tried all of that, nothing changed

Reactions
Eric2203,
Thank you for the idea but tried all of that, nothing changed
Did you try the full map update or the quick update? If you haven't tried the full one, I'd give it a shot since it updates every firmware component, even if their versions haven't changed. Be aware that it can take up to 3 hours though. But that might be better than having to go to the dealer if it solves it. Up to you.

Otherwise, take it to the dealer.

OP
D

Dirk

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
Thread Starter #5
Update on the Palisade that lost all Voice Command function, USB function and the phone can not be heard through the vehicle speakers. Initially I was told by the dealership that it was a bad console USB ground and they would replace it. I disagreed with them and suggested it was more that that.
They called and told me they will have to replace the "Head Unit" a $4K repair job...glad it is under full warranty.
They have been a little nicer to me once they figured out that sometimes customers know what is going on.
Will let you know how it turns out when I get the vehicle back

Reactions
Getting a message "preparing voice activation please wait" then nothing.
Ideas?
Solutions?
That's why it has a bumper to bumper warranty. My dealer has been great about any glitches that show up.

OP
D

Dirk

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
Thread Starter #7
Its at the dealer now, the latest is that they have to replace the head unit.

OP
D

Dirk

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
Thread Starter #8
The latest. The dealership replaced the "head unit" and I got the vehicle back today. Everything worked but I lost my weather updates and traffic information. No one could answer my questions about who is responsible for that data transmission.
The weather screen had an assistance number that belonged to BlueLink, they said it was a Sirius XM issue. Problem is that I was not subscribed to Sirius XM but still received weather and traffic information. Well after spending an hour on the phone with SiriusXM and getting the unit reregistered they are extending my trial for 3 months to see if that solves the problem.
Now for any of you, before the head unit swap in the bottom left corner of the weather screen was a word that looked like "FORCAL" that provided the weather data, but I really wasn't paying attention. Please post if you recognize anything similar...thanks

Reactions
The latest. The dealership replaced the "head unit" and I got the vehicle back today. Everything worked but I lost my weather updates and traffic information. No one could answer my questions about who is responsible for that data transmission.
The weather screen had an assistance number that belonged to BlueLink, they said it was a Sirius XM issue. Problem is that I was not subscribed to Sirius XM but still received weather and traffic information. Well after spending an hour on the phone with SiriusXM and getting the unit reregistered they are extending my trial for 3 months to see if that solves the problem.
Now for any of you, before the head unit swap in the bottom left corner of the weather screen was a word that looked like "FORCAL" that provided the weather data, but I really wasn't paying attention. Please post if you recognize anything similar...thanks
Alright...

1 - The Palisade doesn't get weather and traffic from XM. Cancel your subscription if that's all you wanted out of XM.

2 - Traffic data comes from HD radio. Weather now comes over the internet. That's the name you remember that sounds like "FORCAL" (I also forget what it is). That was a change introduced in the map update from May. They probably installed an infotainment system with older firmware. Just go to https://update.hyundai.com and follow the instructions to update it.

OP
D

Dirk

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
Thread Starter #10
Eric,
Thank you for the info about HD radio. Im headed back to the dealer to make sure all the software is up to date. I want them to do the update because it should have been done when they installed the new head unit, and Im beginning to wonder if it is a new one or they pulled it from another vehicle because when I dealt with SiriusXM they told me that the new radio ID was assigned to a different VIN. makes you wonder. Had to jump through hoops to get it assigned to my VIN.
The SiriusXM is a trial. I will cancel before they bill me. FYI Im also from the Pittsburgh area

Reactions
Eric,
Thank you for the info about HD radio. Im headed back to the dealer to make sure all the software is up to date. I want them to do the update because it should have been done when they installed the new head unit, and Im beginning to wonder if it is a new one or they pulled it from another vehicle because when I dealt with SiriusXM they told me that the new radio ID was assigned to a different VIN. makes you wonder. Had to jump through hoops to get it assigned to my VIN.
The SiriusXM is a trial. I will cancel before they bill me. FYI Im also from the Pittsburgh area
You can ask the dealer to do the update, but it’s easy to do yourself. There’ll be more in future that you need to do anyway. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t know about it.

By the way, make sure Blue Link works (try the phone app).

Since you’re also in the Pittsburgh area, who’s your dealer?

OP
D

Dirk

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
Thread Starter #12
Here is the latest on my Radio "headunit" issues.
It turned out that the dealer replaced the head unit with a refurbished one and it still doesn't work properly, for which I am not happy because I researched the unit and guess it is about 2 years old and they put it into a Palisade Limited that is not even a year old. It would take to long to explain how I found out what they did. The short version is that SiriusXM told me the unit was registered to another VIN and not a new unit.
I went back to the dealer and told the that was not acceptable. I was told that is what corporate Hyundai authorized. So now Im dealing with corporate Hyundai to have it replaced with a new unit, not a refurbished one. The dealer says that they agree with me but their hands are tied. In dealing with corporate Hyundai I have to wait and see how the dealer responds.
Im hoping Hyundai decides to do the right thing because I wont let this go. I have some other avenues of recourse lined up that I hope I dont have to use.
What makes me the most angry is that if the would have just replaced it with a new unit to begin with we would be done.
For Eric, Im from Pittsburgh but I live in a different state now.

OP
D

Dirk

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
Thread Starter #13
Here is the latest on my Radio "headunit" issues.
It turned out that the dealer replaced the head unit with a refurbished one and it still doesn't work properly, for which I am not happy because I researched the unit and guess it is about 2 years old and they put it into a Palisade Limited that is not even a year old. It would take to long to explain how I found out what they did. The short version is that SiriusXM told me the unit was registered to another VIN and not a new unit.
I went back to the dealer and told the that was not acceptable. I was told that is what corporate Hyundai authorized. So now Im dealing with corporate Hyundai to have it replaced with a new unit, not a refurbished one. The dealer says that they agree with me but their hands are tied. In dealing with corporate Hyundai I have to wait and see how the dealer responds.
Im hoping Hyundai decides to do the right thing because I wont let this go. I have some other avenues of recourse lined up that I hope I dont have to use.
What makes me the most angry is that if the would have just replaced it with a new unit to begin with we would be done.
For Eric, Im from Pittsburgh but I live in a different state now.

OP
D

Dirk

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
Thread Starter #14
Finally got a new head unit from Korea, and guess what they sent the wrong one. They sent a Type 2 and the Palisade uses a type 1
Geese

Hyundai Palisade Posts