Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

What competitors are you considering besides the Hyundai Palisade?

MarioSD

Reactions
Currently considering the new Subaru Ascent, Kia Telluride, VW Atlas, Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander as possible options.

Limited

Reactions
Telluride, Lincoln Corsair or Nautilus, Lexus Rx 350. Heck, maybe even an F150 Lariat. The Nautilus and RX 350 are selling for an average of 7% under MSRP, so if you are a good negotiator you can beat that and get down within $5,000 or a similarly loaded Palisade Ltd. Plus better interest rates right now. I'm hearing people getting 20-25% off F-150 MSRP, too.

Caryt

Reactions
Telluride, Lincoln Corsair or Nautilus, Lexus Rx 350. Heck, maybe even an F150 Lariat. The Nautilus and RX 350 are selling for an average of 7% under MSRP, so if you are a good negotiator you can beat that and get down within $5,000 or a similarly loaded Palisade Ltd. Plus better interest rates right now. I'm hearing people getting 20-25% off F-150 MSRP, too.
Did you get a chance to test drive the Nautilus? Been meaning to give a spin to see how it drives.

Junkfood

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisade
I was looking at the Hyundai Palisade, Kia Tellirude, Toyota Highlander and the Honda Pilot. I feel the Palisade was more luxurious and comfortable. This is my first foreign built new car and I am a little nervous. My other vehicle is a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Upland which I will keep to tow behind the motor home.

bkool2323

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
Considered the 2020 Ford Explorer, but not for long. No comparison.

Reactions
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
I made out a list of must have and like to have features, 3 out of every 4 suvs got scratched off right from the start.
My first must have was a Heads up display, once you get used to a HUD you don't want to go back.
scratched off a couple like the Ford explorer because of the price and interior materials.
really liked the Lincoln aviator but cost ruled it out
came down to 2 vehicles after driving 7 different choices, Palisade and telluride.
Decided on Palisade because I liked the easier ride of the Palisade, I compared both with 20" wheels. Comparing one with 18" wheels to the other with 20 wheels is not a fair compresence. modern digital gauge cluster and powered
3rd row seats. Only thing it missed was one of my like to have's, powered folding auto dimming outside rear view mirrors.

Walloe

Reactions
What I Drive
2017 Tacoma
Honda Pilot.or keeping my 2017 Tacoma.
Pilot has a tired has a tired interior. No bang for the buck.. No fear of the first model year. They must be confident if they offer 5 yr bumper to bumper.

Reactions
I made out a list of must have and like to have features, 3 out of every 4 suvs got scratched off right from the start.
My first must have was a Heads up display, once you get used to a HUD you don't want to go back.
scratched off a couple like the Ford explorer because of the price and interior materials.
really liked the Lincoln aviator but cost ruled it out
came down to 2 vehicles after driving 7 different choices, Palisade and telluride.
Decided on Palisade because I liked the easier ride of the Palisade, I compared both with 20" wheels. Comparing one with 18" wheels to the other with 20 wheels is not a fair compresence. modern digital gauge cluster and powered
3rd row seats. Only thing it missed was one of my like to have's, powered folding auto dimming outside rear view mirrors.
What difference did you find between the 18" wheels and 20"..in the ride.

chuck4084

Reactions
Didn't consider the Telluride because the only Kia dealer for 50 miles leaves a lot to be desired. Came close to pulling the trigger on a Volvo XC90, but after driving the Palisade in my opinion it is a vastly better car and $15K less. As a long time Lexus owner I looked at the RX but couldn't get past the grill. The other Lexus SUV's simply aren't competitive.

Ricebrnr

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
The very short must have list was 4 or AWD, 3 (useable) rows and reliability.

Came down to the Telluride, 4Runner or Palisade.

For the 4Runner even with the 2020 refresh, the added safety tech was far and away less than what is offered on the Palisade or Telluride.

After much agonizing, the very limited availability of the other 2 and the cost/value proposition of the 4Runner (and its ride quality) the Palisade won out.

Hoping that on the reliability question, that I will have chosen well.

Reactions
We also considered the 2020 Ford Explorer, but boy everything inside felt so cheap I almost didn't even want to test drive it. Power was decent for a 4cyl and the turbo 6 was very smooth. Overall the Palisade is so much better inside and out.

Hyundai Palisade Posts