Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Rear Moonroof Inspection??

Reactions
Hyundai NA contacted me and said my VIN was selected for a rear moonroof “inspection”. The local dealer ended up replacing the moonroof but didn’t have any details on why. The Hyundai rep wouldn’t give any more details except that they needed to inspect the moonroof.

Anyone else have this happen? Limited AWD Trim FYI.

Reactions
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
I'm in Glendale, which dealer did you use?

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Larry H Miller - they weren’t aware of anything until Hyundai sent the new moonroof and parts to them so they didn’t have any more details than what the Hyundai North America rep told me. Nothing but good things to say about the dealer, just wanted to see if anyone else was selected by Hyundai NA for a moonroof inspection or what.

Reactions
What I Drive
My Palisade is on the way, hope the sun roof is ok on that.
May just be a certain batch being made at one time.
I purchased my 2018 genesis G90 ultimate from Larry Miller.
After my service from them will never buy a genesis again.
Went to another dealership to purchase my Palisade.
Hope you have better luck with them than I did. The
Genesis wound up being a total piece of crap, and they
didn't help me at all

Last edited:
OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
That sucks you had bad service from them. Did you have to pay the Market Adjustment on your Palisade at another dealer? We had bought another Hyundai back in 2014 from North Scottsdale Hyundai and loved them but after seeing the $4,000 market adjustment we went to Larry Miller and paid no adjustment. I think you’re probably right it was a specific VIN range Hyundai wanted checked out for whatever reason.

By the way - the Palisade is amazing so far. It’s a beautiful vehicle with plenty of space - hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours!!

Reactions
What I Drive
I went to chapman Hyundai on Bell. Both Genesis and Hyundai recommended them to me.
I'm paying msrp but they gave me a really great deal on the Genesis and my discounts of
$1000, $500 military, and $500 on one of the other discounts.
I made a big mistake on the Genesis I leased it. There is no lemon law on leased cars in
the State of Arizona. Air bags went out 24 times in first 6 months. Don't dare drive car with family
in it on a trip. That was why I had purchased it. Larry Miller and Genesis told me to bad. in not
so many words. Neither would help with different car.

Last edited:

Hyundai Palisade Posts