Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

iPhone and USB port

mbell19

Reactions
What I Drive
2022 Palisade
I have had a 2022 Palisade for about a month now. All along I’ve noticed that the USB port in the console that feeds apple carplay wasn’t charging my phone as quickly as the port in my 2018 Explorer did. A few days ago I upgraded my phone from an iPhone XR to a 13 Pro, and now the phone will barely charge. It’ll hold the charge it had when I plugged it in, but the percentage doesn’t increase. Since this is the only port that feeds CarPlay (which I use 99.9% of the time I’m driving), this presents quite a problem. I’m sure it’s due to the new phone using a USB-C cable (though charging speed was even an issue with the XR, albeit not quite as bad), but USB-C is not an option in this vehicle (sadly, even though it’s a 2022!). The apple store employee even told me to just use the old cable if I wanted to use CarPlay. Didn’t tell me charging the phone would be an issue! Are there any workarounds?

Hyundai Palisade Posts