Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Exterior black plastic trim

Tonycap

Reactions
What I Drive
2010 BMW v10 M6, 2020 BMW X7 M50i
Anyone noticed that the black glossy plastic trims scratches very easily. A feather landed on my wife's Palisade and scratched it. lol. Ok, maybe not
a feather but a wet microfiber towel can easily scratch it. Also be aware of rings and grabbing the brushed aluminium handles.

Palisexy

Reactions
Anyone noticed that the black glossy plastic trims scratches very easily. A feather landed on my wife's Palisade and scratched it. lol. Ok, maybe not
a feather but a wet microfiber towel can easily scratch it. Also be aware of rings and grabbing the brushed aluminium handles.
Ours is all scratched up as well, it's mainly from using the automatic car washes.

Reactions
Mine too.. I have seen this on all makes.. Everyone must have saved a lot of money using these covers..

Reactions
Anyone know if car polish will help? I think I may just end up wrapping the plastic trims in a few years if it continues to get worse.

OP
Tonycap

Tonycap

Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #6
Well ours hasn't been washed yet (5 days old), but I usually hand wash it. I think there are some plastic polishers out there that may work. I know you can use an DA Orbital and proper pads + car polish but the car is pretty new to even be needing this. Yes perhaps a vinyl wrap for the black exterior pillars could be the way to go. Perhaps even a matte black version.

OP
Tonycap

Tonycap

Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #7
Ours is all scratched up as well, it's mainly from using the automatic car washes.
Please stop using them auto washes. lol You can try a touch less auto car wash though. I made the mistake of taking my audi R8 to one then had to pay 800 bucks for a professional detail to get out the micro scratches,,

Reactions
What I Drive
Soon to be 2020 Palisade Limited
I am planning to take ours, when we get it next February, directly to a detailer to have a ceramic coating applied. It will cost about $1,000 to do the entire vehicle including the wheels (they take them off and do both the inside and outside). The coating is nanotechnology that is "supposed" last upwards of 3-5 years depending on the washing method. Based on a good friend that has had it done and keeps his vehicles outside, it takes only a hoe off with water sometimes he uses a power washer. Then dries with a backpack blower. Says it looks pretty much perfect. I hope to avoid those micro scratches. I also suggest never using an auto wash with brushes.

Reactions
I am planning to take ours, when we get it next February, directly to a detailer to have a ceramic coating applied. It will cost about $1,000 to do the entire vehicle including the wheels (they take them off and do both the inside and outside). The coating is nanotechnology that is "supposed" last upwards of 3-5 years depending on the washing method. Based on a good friend that has had it done and keeps his vehicles outside, it takes only a hoe off with water sometimes he uses a power washer. Then dries with a backpack blower. Says it looks pretty much perfect. I hope to avoid those micro scratches. I also suggest never using an auto wash with brushes.
Keep us posted on how it turns out.

bakerwi

Reactions
What "black glossy plastic trim" are you referring to?

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade
What "black glossy plastic trim" are you referring to?
It’s most probably the outside part of the B pillar (between the driver window and the 2nd row window. Mine is scratched from the dealer when I purchased it. Have been procrastinating on taking it to the dealer to see if they will replace it. Read on some other forums that Meguiar’s PlastX and ScratchX should deal with it nicely.

Hyundai Palisade Posts