Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Corrosion after 18 months/warranty claim

Snowflake

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisade Ultimate
I have recently discovered a corrosion on my 2020 Palisade Ultimate.I bought it brand new and now I have 23 000 kms on it {14 000 miles]. It is on a hidden place on the body frame work where the drivers door is attached to the body frame. I believe that no outdoor element should cause this as this place is always hidden behind the door. I think it is a poor paint job on the body frame. I visited my local dealership 10 days ago to make a warranty claim but didnt hear back from them yet. I am happy with my Palisade and dont take this as a big issue but I just wanted to share this experience so everyone is aware of this. I can keep you posted if my warranty is approved on this and how was my experience with my dealership. So far I am a bit disappointed because it takes so long to get my warranty approved. I am attaching a pictures of the affected area.

Attachments

Reactions
What I Drive
2018 Genesis G90 ultimate
Could have gotten scraped during assembly, it is just the right size and location where the door hinge is located.
Could have been a scrape that would not be noticeable until it started to rust

OP
S

Snowflake

Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
Here is an update on my case.
After one month of every week phoning my dealership about my claim I decided to make a complaint about my dealership on Hyundai Canada website. Two days later I received a phone call from the service department manager of my dealership and got invited to bring the car to the dealership again and have been told that they will get it sorted.
So I brought it in again after one month of nothing happening and the service department manager started looking at it for a extended period of time and I could see that he is trying to figure out how to blame me for the corrosion.
He started checking details on my fender and then he asked me if I crashed the car.
Honestly I didnt crash my Palisade. Then he was looking at the corrosion again and started telling me that he thinks that something got stuck in there because it is a very unusual place for a corrosion.
So what is the usual place for a corrosion to start on a brand new car?
At the end of the day he took pictures of it and told me that he will send these pictures to the Hyundai Canada and will see what they will say. But he said that he thinks something got stuck in there and caused a damage to the paint. I am sure that nothing like that ever happened. This place is totally unaccesable and is sealed from any outdoor objects while door is closed. And I can not imagine what could get in there while car is parked. And if anything got stuck in there why is demage only on this place and not on the inner side of the drivers door as well?
So now it is a waiting game again and I will wait what Hyundai Canada will say. If my delaership actually made the claim at all.
I am dealing with Hyundai Kelowna in BC, Canada.
I am not very impressed about their try to blame me.

OP
S

Snowflake

Reactions
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
I finally got it fixed under warranty with Kelowna Hyundai
From the beginning it took around 9 weeks but it is finally fixed and rust is gone
I took it to a different shop to ask about what was the cause but they also couldnt tell me exactly what happened. I would like to know how this could have happened so I could try to prevent it from happening again. But unfortunatelly nobody is able to tell me a clear answer to this.
I only noticed that the rust has appeared in a place where the door seal is touching the body frame. But I dont know if anything could get between the door seal and the frame and how. I will keep watching this place and also on my other doors to try to find out if anything was designed wrongly

Hyundai Palisade Posts