Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Auxiliary battery

xela

Reactions
What I Drive
Palisade
Hi there! Has anyone installed or planning to install an auxiliary battery on their Palisade? I'm planning on doing lots of fairly long "SUV camping" type of road trips, so could use all the power I can get and then some. Thinking of adding an extra battery and an inverter. Would appreciate all and any thoughts on this: battery type, placement location, wiring, charging methods etc.
Thanks guys!

Reactions
Hi there! Has anyone installed or planning to install an auxiliary battery on their Palisade? I'm planning on doing lots of fairly long "SUV camping" type of road trips, so could use all the power I can get and then some. Thinking of adding an extra battery and an inverter. Would appreciate all and any thoughts on this: battery type, placement location, wiring, charging methods etc.
Thanks guys!
Are you planning adding the second battery inside the car to going to dual setup in the existing battery location?

OP
X

xela

Reactions
What I Drive
Palisade
Thread Starter #3
no specific plans as far as where the battery would be located yet... hoped for some input from you guys. But YES, planning on adding a second battery dedicated to my inverter. Open to any ideas, including the dual battery setup (connected batteries) vs. separate second battery. Speaking of which, also interested in all opinions as to what the inverter size (wattage) might be considered reasonable for all the standard extended camping applications (small travel fridge, fans, lights, electric blankets, etc.).

Mike

Reactions
I would suggest getting a larger capacity battery rather than adding an auxiliary battery that's going to require a lot of work.

Hyundai Palisade Posts