Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

Airbag Recall

RickD

Reactions
What I Drive
2020Hyundai Palisade Limited
I just got informed by Blue Link that my Palisade has a side curtin airbag recall. I have no more information. I will keep you informed when I make the call. I will assume the dealers don't have the parts yet. I just had my wife's MKZ airbag recall repaired before I sold it. There are to many airbag recalls, perhaps they aren't as safe as they say they are.

Rich

Reactions
I was told by my dealer that it's to put caps on screws/bolts that are possibly exposed to cut the air bag on deploying. I thought he said they were in the steering wheel, but I wasn't paying too much attention to that part.

OP
R

RickD

Reactions
What I Drive
2020Hyundai Palisade Limited
Thread Starter #3
I was told by my dealer that it's to put caps on screws/bolts that are possibly exposed to cut the air bag on deploying. I thought he said they were in the steering wheel, but I wasn't paying too much attention to that part.
I just set up an appointment for next week, I was told it's typically only a half hour fix.

Reactions
I took my Palisade in for service for a different reason, and I was told that there was a recall issued for the Palisade on Nov 7 for the side curtain airbag fix. This is not yet listed on the Hyundai website where you enter your VIN to look up recalls. The dealer had to order parts for the recall repair so I had to leave the car for two days.

Reactions
I called a local dealer about the recall on my Palisade and I am set up to have it taken care this Thursday. The service rep. said they will have to remove a section of the headliner to cover a screw that could cut the air bag.

Hyundai Palisade Posts